Grafana is an open source metric analytics & visualization suite. It is most commonly used for visualizing time series data for infrastructure, as server monitoring software, Graphite tools, Graphite dashboard and application analytics but many use it in other domains including industrial sensors, home automation, weather, and process control.
- Drag and drop panels, change row and panel width easily.
- Search dashboards based on title or tags
- Templated dashboards
- Dashboard playlists
- Create / Update HTTP API
- Different panel types
- Supports panel plugins
- Fast and flexible client side graphs with a multitude of options.
- Click and select region to zoom
- Multiple Y-Axes, Render Bars, Lines, Points
- Thresholds, Logarithmic scales
- Y-axis formats (bytes, milliseconds, etc)
- View or edit graph in fullscreen
- Full control over how each series should be drawn
- Export any graph to png image (via UI or HTTP API)
- Easily create alert rules from within the UI and have them be continually evaluated by the Grafana backend.
- Visually define alert rules
- Support for multiple conditions
- Notifications to Email, Slack, PagerDuty, etc
- Rich notification that include graph images
- View alert rule state history
- Grafana includes a built in Graphite query parser that takes writing graphite metric expressions to a whole new level.
- Expressions are easier to read and faster to edit than ever.
- Click on any metric segment to change it
- Quickly add functions (search, typeahead)
- Click on a function parameter to change it
- Move function order to the left or right
- Direct link to Graphite function documentation
- Rich templating support
- Rich query editor with automatic property name lookup
- Extract many types of metrics from documents like: Avg, Min, Max, Percentiles, Std Dev, etc.
- Group by multiple terms or filters
- Query only relevant indicies based on time pattern
- Alias patterns for short readable series names